Saturday, August 6, 2011

Making New Friends

I am now two months old!

There is a dog who lives next door to me. Her name is Ellie. She is not like me. She is a different color. She is taller than I am. She is a girl. She has a big girl bark.

I didn't like Ellie at first because she is different. But in a couple days, I tried to coax her into a game of chase. I ran around her. I sniffed her.

On another day when I tried to get to know Ellie better, I flopped in the grass. I looked at her. I barked at her.

It is not easy to get to know someone who is different than me! But just because Ellie is different than I am doesn't mean that I can't be a good neighbor to her.

I hope Ellie and I can be good friends some day!

Thought for you humans:
Whom do you consider different? How do you get to know people who are different from you? Do you think we should be good neighbors to each other, or should we just ignore each other and leave each other alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment