Thursday, November 17, 2011

Making Dreams Come True!

I did it!

I finally got the pinecone off the tree!

In our background, there is a nice everygreen tree that grows tiny pinecones in the summertime. It's a young tree, so it is not very big. It's just my size!

I like to go to the tree and play Tug with the branches! I do this every day, unless it is raining and then I can't even play outside at all!

I really like the smell of the pinecones, and I so wanted to eat one just to see if they taste as good as they smell. Did you know that pinecones are really stuck to branches? They are very hard to get off and eat! I tried getting a pinecone every day with no luck.

But one day, I decided it was the day to yank a pinecone off the branch. I went over to the tree and told it that I really wanted to get a pinecone and eat it. So I started pulling and pulling and pulling and pulling. One time I pulled so hard I fell onto my back! But mom kept cheering me on and then I knew I couldn't ever stop.

I wanted that pinecone. I set my sights on the moment I would I taste it in my mouth. So I kept pulling. And pulling. And pulling. And then....guess what? The pinecone popped off the tree and landed right in the middle of my mouth! I was jubilant at my success! I did it! I finally got that pinecone off and right in my mouth! I dreamed of this day and it was exciting in real life as it was in my dreams! Hooray for pinecones! Hooray for branches! Hooray for trees!

And the pinecone tasted even better than it smelled!

Thought for you humans:
What fills you with so much passion that you cannot give up until you have accomplished something? Who cheers you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment