Friday, September 16, 2011

An Open Letter to all Birds

Dear Birds,

Hello! My name is Thunder, and I am a puppy. Because I am a puppy, I like to sniff things, run fast, and chew on everything. But most of all, I like to chase. I chase trucks, cars, bikes, motorcycles, scooters, children, mom, squirrels, bunnies, and frogs.

I also like to chase birds.

I chase you birds because that is what I am supposed to do as a puppy. I don't want to catch you or even eat you. I just want a good game of chase. When I chase, the wind whistles through my ears and my nose. You have no idea what kinds of smells I encounter when I chase. Ah, a puppy's delight!

I want to smell the way you birds smell when your fly. I want to hear your wings flapping in the air. You are so lucky you have wings and can fly. I try flapping my four legs when I jump off the chair in my attempt to fly, but so far, I just flop to the ground. I can't fly, but I sure can chase.

So, please, birds, don't be scared when I try to chase you. Don't sit on rooftops squawking at me or talking about me behind my back. Please don't spread unkind rumors to the other birds that I am out to chase them and eat them.

I mean no harm. I just love to chase. And you love to fly. I think we can make great partners.

Love,
Thunder, the Dog.

Thought for you humans:
When have you felt unfairly judged? When do you unfairly judge others? When have you felt your motives were misunderstood?

No comments:

Post a Comment