Thursday, September 8, 2011

Finding My Bark-Voice

Mom says I found my bark-voice! I always knew my bark-voice was somewhere within me, and now I feel confident enough to let it out!

My bark-voice comes out in three ways:

Woof!
This means that something has caught my attention, like a sudden noise or something that is unfamiliar to me. I will Woof! when I see a dog across the street when I am taking a walk with mom or when I see an ant on the ground.  I will also Woof! when I am playing with any of my dog-friends as a way to get their attention!

Bark!
This means, "Mom! Come quick!" or "Mom! I'm still waiting for my treat!" or "Mom! Give me a boost onto the couch!" or "Mom! I can't get the ball out from under the table!" or "Mom! Open the car door so I can jump in!" or "Mom! Let me onto your bed!" or "Mom! I've got to go outside! Hurry!"

BarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBark
This is my urgent, warning voice. I will use this bark-voice when the garbage truck wakes me up or when Ellie, my neighbor dog-friend, is outside or when a motorcycle drives by the house or when bicyclists pedal by or when the sump pump goes off and water comes out of the hose when I have my nose stuck inside it or when our neighbors are mowing their lawns. Mom says I have to be careful using this bark-voice because I tend to overuse it and it's hard for me to settle down once I get going.

I'm glad I found my bark-voice and can let it out.There are just some things about which I must speak up and be heard!

Thought for you humans:
Have you found your voice yet? What is your voice? About what are you so passionate that you must speak up and not remain silent? How do you get others to listen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment