Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My First Report Card

I got my very first report card the other day. My human friends--Stella, Miriam, AJ, and Marie--were the ones who thought it would be a great idea to create a character assessment of the first six months of my life. Here is my report card:

Character Trait          Grade          Comments
Obedience                      A               Responds with alacrity (especially to "treat")

Courtesty                       A+             Includes all in his leaps and licks attention

Hygiene                          B+             Regularly washes ears and face in Water Dish

Neatness                        C+              Does not return toys to Toy Box

Concentration                 A               Fiercely attentive to doors and food

Friendliness                    A+             Tongue and tail always say, "I like you."

Effort                             A+               Aims high (especially to reach the table)

Perseverance                  A+               Relentless in games of Tug

Comments
Thunder's area of greatest improvement is his response to discipline regarding the begging for food at the table. He manifests good self-image and future leadership potential in the canine world.

My Rebuttal
Regarding the C+ in Neatness: I don't see the importance of having to put my toys in the Toy Box. Mom does that for me every day. And when she does, I just take them out so I have them ready for playtime. What is the purpose of putting away toys when I want to play with them?

Regarding the B+ in Hygiene: The grade I was given is a bit low. Not only do I clean my face and ears in Water Dish, but I also smell very good. Everyday I go outside and roll in dead squirrel, dead bird, or dead frog. I'll even roll in other animals' feces. So a dog with clean ears, clean face, and who smells really good ought to receive at least an A in this category.

Thought for you humans:
What honest assessment can you give yourself? What are your strengths? Your weaknesses? How can you make your strengths even stronger?

No comments:

Post a Comment