Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Monster Under the Bed!

There's a monster under mom's bed! A real-life monster!

I love to play hide-and-seek with Mom. She'll say, "Where's Thunder?" Then I'll scoot myself under Mom's bed and close my eyes really tightly so Mom doesn't see me. She will keep calling me over and over again--"Thunder?? Thunder?? Where are you?--until finally she gets the bright idea to look under the bed.

When she looks under the bed and finds me and says, "There's my Thunder!," I open my eyes, wag my tail, and scoot back out from under the bed. Then we'll play a little bit until she says, "Where's Thunder?" and the whole game starts all over again.

Except the other day, I wasn't the only one under the bed. There was a monster there.

When Mom said her usual, "Where's Thunder?" and I scooted myself under the bed, the monster bit me on the tummy. I felt it and I yelped and scooted really fast back out from under the bed. I sat in Mom's lap and wimpered. She gave me lots of hugs and kisses as I tried to explain to her that there is a big monster under the bed. It is a big, scary, hairy, and furry monster that growls and slobbers and bites really hard!

Mom looked under the bed and said she couldn't see the monster. I told her, "Of course not! The monster can only be seen with dog-eyes!"

I was too scared to go back under the bed. I still am too scared to go under there.

But Mom believes me that there is a monster under the bed and we are trying to figure out how to get rid of under-the-bed-monsters. Do you have any ideas? I really want to play Hide-and-Seek with Mom, but I cannot until we get rid of the monster. I want to tell the monster that under the bed is my place to play, not its place!

Thought for you humans:
Of what are you afraid today? Is your fear real or based upon make believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment