Monday, August 29, 2011

Biting Off St. Agnes' Head

I bit off St. Agnes' head the other day.

St. Agnes was a young girl who lived in the third and fourth centuries. She did not want to marry a boy and give up being pure, so she was killed. Ergo, she is called a martyr because she died for her faith.

Among other things, St. Agnes is the patron saint of gardeners. Mom and I love to garden. Plus, mom is a Sister of St. Agnes.

To remind her of these things, mom had a statue of St. Agnes on her bookshelf. When mom was puppy-proofing her house before I moved in, she forgot to move St. Agnes to a higher shelf. So, being the inquisitive puppy I am, one day I found St. Agnes on that bookshelf and promptly took her in my mouth.

That's how I came to bite off St. Agnes' head.

Thought for you humans:
Whose head did you bite off today? Did doing so make you feel important and powerful? Or did someone bite your head off? How do you feel when this happens to you? What is a better way of handling things than by biting people's heads off? What will you do the next time when you feel like biting off someone's head or when someone tries to bite your head off?



No comments:

Post a Comment