Monday, July 16, 2012

Entertaining Angels Unaware

I hear that it is important to treat all
living things with kindness because
I may be in fact dealing with
angels in disguise.

I like to think that angels
are very kind celestial beings right
here in our midst who want to spread
joy and love and loyalty and trust
wherever they are and wherever they
are needed most.

So it is easy for me to accept
that angels come in the form of
dogs, deer, birds, squirrels, and
yes, even cats
as angels in disguise because when
I am nice to them, they are nice
to me in return: they play Chase,
share Treats, take naps with me.

Our kindness goes back and forth
between us like a dog chasing Ball and
returning it to his Mom who throws it
again so he can get it and return it...

But must I,
O must I
be kind again to that
skunk?

Thought for you humans:
Can you spot the angels among us, even in the skunks of your life?

2 comments:

  1. Dear SWEET T, your blog is just the best!!! love your comments about the angels all around us. Visable and Invisable. Just watch out for those skunks before they spray you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent writing, Cyndi! Excellent!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete