Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Beautiful Fawn

The other day
on another one of my walks in the cemetery
I came across a fawn resting near the creek.

The fawn must have been only a couple hours old.

I think I startled it
when I went over by it to say,
"Hi! Welcome to my favorite place to take a walk!"

The fawn wobbled as it stood up.
I noticed that I was taller that it was,
which means that the fawn was quite small
because I, too, am small!

The fawn followed me out from the tall grasses
and the weeds in which it had made its resting spot.

I gave it a kiss. It kissed me back!

I did my "play bow.'" It bowed right back at me!

I said, "Woof!" It said to me, "Squeak!"

I tried to chase the fawn, but I learned that
I had to run very slowly--almost walk--because
the fawn was still so new on its legs.

But we chased around in a circle. Again. And again.

Then we kissed. And bowed. And chased.

It was time to go home.

I looked around for the fawn's Mom because I am
sure the Mom was nearby and watching us. She
wouldn't want anything or anyone to hurt her precious
fawn.

I think I heard the fawn's Mom say,
"Behold. This is my beloved, the fawn, in whom I am well pleased."

Thought for you humans:
How have you interacted with all that is good and pleasing in this world today?






No comments:

Post a Comment