Friday, October 7, 2011

Taking Time to Smell the Flowers

One of my favorite things to do in mom's garden is to leap as high as I can into a bed of big impatiens flowers. Those flowers are very pretty--they are purple, red, pink, and white. I love to jump into them because they smell good and feel soft when I land on them.

The other day I pounced right into the flowers and then I pounced right back out! I couldn't enjoy the good smells or the softness of the flowers because something either bit me or stung me really bad! It hurt so much that I cried and howled and tried to run away from the pain but the pain kept following me and it wouldn't stop.

Mom picked me up and tried to make me feel better, but nothing took the pain away. Mom decided I needed an emergency visit to the Dog Doctor. I cried and howled the whole time mom drove me there; she made the sound of the ambulance. But when I got to the Dog Doctor, I stopped crying and howling and started wagging my tail. I couldn't let all those nice people at the Dog Doctor hear me in so much pain!

But they knew just what to do and, after some medicine and ice on my sting/bite, I got to go home.

I'm feeling better now.

Thought for You Humans:
Once in awhile, on our own life journeys, there are bites and stings along the way. But it's up to us to figure out how handle those bites and stings. Do you give up and never enjoy life again? Do you let other people or pets take care of you when you are in pain? Do you even let others know you are in pain? How do you go about living once you feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment